Sunday 22 March 2015

Currently Reading

Synopsis

Book 1 of 5 in the epic paranormal suspense series. Book 1 of 5 in the epic paranormal suspense series. "Any minute now a hooded man will come barreling out of nowhere and kill me. So that sucks. I know this because it has happened six times before. I wake up in this alley, hung from a post by a piece of rope lashed to one ankle, tied in a hangman's knot. After several minutes of work, I pry my bonds free, and about thirty seconds after I hit the ground, this guy in a black hooded robe gives me a pretty bad case of death. His hands are cold on my neck. And dry. I try to fight him, to claw at his eyes, but I can't reach, to scratch at his arms, but he's too strong. He's silent. I try to yell at him, but I manage more of a gurgle and some clicky noises. I don't even know what I'd say, I guess, but I can assure you that he seems like a real dick. Everything goes all fuzzy and fades to gray, then black. I die, and then I go... someplace else, I guess. I don't know. I can't remember that part just now." So it begins. One second JEFF GROBNAGGER is standing in line at the grocery store, and the next he's in an alley where a hooded figure strangles him to death. Sucks. This happens over and over again, every time Grobnagger has a seizure. Alley. Choking. Death. Repeat. What for? Why would anyone want to kill him repeatedly? Is it just a seizure dream? When a sniper's bullet shatters his apartment window, he realizes two things: he's in serious danger, and there's no way he's getting his security deposit back.

No comments:

Post a Comment